About 7 months ago, I was diagnosed with gluten-sensitivity and have had to radically change my eating habits. Since then, I've been looking for tasty, healthy snacks that fit into my new diet and I came across a wonderful product called SeaSnax. They're so good in fact I thought I'd share a review of their products with you.
I have a tasty treat to share with you today! I want to introduce to you the new roasted seaweed snack. Wait, seaweed, you ask? Isn't that the slimy stuff found in the ocean? Gross, why would I want to eat that? That was one of my first thoughts when I heard that people ate seaweed, so I don't blame you. But hold on one second. SeaSnax is dried, packaged, yummy, and flavored seaweed that doesn't look, smell or feel like the stuff you find in the ocean. It also has TONS of health benefits!!! In fact, it's one of the most nutrient-packed foods on Earth! People have actually been eating seaweed for centuries to gain all of its amazing health benefits. You must be thinking, well if it's so great, what's the catch? There is none. It's just that good. I'm going to list some of the great things about it, but if you want to learn more of the amazing benefits, the SeaSnax website (listed below) lists many more benefits, so be sure to check it out, as well as the other resources I list.
SeaSnax--why they are amazing (besides the awesome taste):
- First ever Non-GMO Project verified roasted seaweed snack
- Gluten free (I especially love this one because I had to go gluten free about a year ago)
- Soy free
- Dairy free
- Only uses three natural ingredients--100% olive oil, a pinch of sea salt, and seaweed (of course)
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- One of the most nutrient-packed foods on earth
- Low fat, cholesterol free, low carb
- Sugar free
- Available in classic (olive oil and sea salt), toasty onion, wasabi and spicy chipotle flavors
- Iodine found in seaweed stimulates a person's thyroid, increasing metabolism, thereby burning more calories
- Seaweed is rich in minerals and vitamins (i.e. iodine, iron, calcium, B1, B6, C and E)
- Seaweed provides fiber, enzymes and high quality proteins
- Sea vegetables also have higher proportion of essential fatty acids than land plants
The company kindly sent me a box full of all the flavors of SeaSnax to enjoy and review! It was about 8 or so bags of SeaSnax. They are like little bags of chips (the SeaSnax Grab & Go's) and then I also got some of the full sheets (SeaSnax full sheet singles), which are larger and come in more flat packaging, about the size of a tortilla. I received almost every flavor and loved every one of them! They were "Strangely Addictive" as the tagline says! They are kind of crunchy like chips and very tasty. I love that I can eat something that is so healthy for me, yet so enjoyable at the same time. My doctor recently told me I should be eating seaweed to be getting all of the nutrients I need. "Yeah right, like that'll happen," I said to myself. I knew NOTHING about seaweed. I'm so glad to find some that is TASTY (most important), goes with my food allergies, and I feel good about it because I am being good to my body. Just check out the websites I list below and see for yourself about ALL of the healthy benefits; you'll definitely give yourself a pat on the back for eating SeaSnax. I also appreciate that this company gives 10% of their money back to making the world a better place for children. You can find out more about that on their website.
To summarize, SeaSnax perfectly meets my need for a quick, tasty, healthy treat, and I heartily recommend them to anyone and everyone!
GIVEAWAY: A case of SeaSnax Grab & Go's (12/cs in any flavor) or 4 packs of SeaSnax full sheet singles (in any flavor).
Links to other sites on benefits of seaweed and sea vegetables that SeaSnax provided:
a Rafflecopter giveaway