“Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

A Wonderful Story!--"The Lost Story of Via Belle" by Melanie Dobson--Review


 

My Review: 

“The Lost Story of Via Belle” by Melanie Dobson is a wonderful dual-timeline story!  The book has such great mystery and faith content.  The mystery kept me guessing until the end.  The two timelines are 1940 and 2006.  I loved how the timelines tied together and the characters in each were great.  “The Lost Story of Via Belle” is a great story about stories and a love note to clean, inspiring books.  I love that in the author’s note at the end, Ms. Dobson says that the plot of this book was inspired by the lives of Grace Livingston Hill, Agatha Christie and Dorothy Sayers.  The book does deal with some heavier topics, but it is done well and from a Christian perspective.  The author weaves in messages about grief and other beautiful Christian truths and messages.  I especially love how she shares the message that God speaks through story to help people sort out their questions.  If you love a clean mystery with great faith content, you’ll love this wonderful story!

Content: I give this a low PG-13 rating.  Some examples of the content: mention of gambling and alcohol; pregnancy out of wedlock; mention of sharing a bed.

TW: loss, grief, past loss of a child and spouse; infidelity; orphan; mention of past su*cide; alcoholic; domestic violence; emotional abuse and gaslighting; adoption; attempted child abduction.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment