“Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Christian Girl Book Tag!

This is such a fun post.  I was tagged by Angela at Coffee&Chapters through her YouTube video.  Thanks so much Angela! 

Here's the link to the video I was tagged in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30UDBIxrRaY

Original Tag - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giwas...

I Tag -
Rebecca Lynn Van Daniker
Rissi JC

Questions (these all have to be fiction books)-

1. Pick a book that inspired you in your walk with God or your faith in Jesus. (1 Corinthians 10:31)

"Loving Luther" by Allison Pittman.  I love to read about the Reformation period and I was really inspired to read about Katherina's journey to faith. 
Read more in my review.








2. Pick a book that shows an ultimate sacrifice for someone else. (Hebrews 10:10 & Ephesians 5:2)



I know this is a classic, but "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis.  The sacrifice gets me every time. 









3. Pick a book with your favorite love story in it. (1 John 4:8)


"Mine is the Night" by Liz Curtis Higgs.  I love this story.  This series is a retelling of the book of Ruth in the Bible.  And it's set in Scotland!! 











4. Pick a book with an epic good vs. evil battle. (Ephesians 6:12)



"Giver of Roses" by Kathleen Morgan.  It's been a long time since I read this book, but I really like this author and am still waiting for the next book in this series!





5. Pick a book that has prayer and/or bible reading in it as an essential or major element for the story. (1 Thess 5:16-18)




A lot of Melanie Dickerson's books have prayer and Bible reading as a big part of the story.  One I recently read, where the main character prayed a lot was "The Noble Servant."  Click here to read my review.










6. Pick a book that personally challenged you or that has persecution for one's faith in it. ( Matt 5:10, Luke 6:22, 1 John 3:13, John 15:18, 2 Timothy 3:12)

 "The Stonewycke Series" by Michael Phillips.  I love this author. All of his books have a very deep faith element and really make me think about my own faith.  A recent book of his I reviewed is "The Legacy" which also challenged me.  Click here for my review of that book. 






7. Pick a book where the main character is different from everyone else or stands out, or separates themselves apart for the plot. (Romans 12:14, 1 Peter 2:9, 1 Peter 1:15 - 16. Colossians 3:12)




"Lady Jayne Disappears" by Joanna Davidson Politano.  In the book, the main character finds herself in a situation where she doesn't feel like she belongs or fits in.  Click here for my review. 











8. Sharing the gospel. Tell me in the comments below about your faith in Christ. About the books that encouraged you in your walk with the Lord. Let's build a community together focused on Jesus and reading with God in mind!




"Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan!  I've read this book many times and a lot of the sections in my copy are highlighted.  I love seeing Christian's journey and how he deals with things like "Giant Despair" and the demons of the "Valley of the Shadow of Death".  It has helped me in hard times to apply what I'm reading to my life.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag, Megan! I love this so much! I'm still trying to figure out which books I want to share for each challenge. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca! Of course! There's no pressure to do it, as I said before. But I'm excited to see what books you pick if you do. It took me awhile to decide as well, haha.

      Delete