My Review:
"The Roman Holiday Rule" by Andra Loy is such a
cute rom-com and surprised me in the best way with how much I loved it! This
charming contemporary romance has some hints of magical realism and lots of
humor and heart. Although the main character is grieving the loss of her mother
and going on a trip to Rome that is connected to her mom, the grief is never
too heavy or focused on too long, which I appreciated. As a huge fan of Audrey
Hepburn and the movie “Roman Holiday,” I loved all the nods to those things in
this book. The writing is witty, the plot fast paced and the romance super cute!
The banter and chemistry are top tier! I love how the main characters leave
notes to each other in Jane Austen novels and quote (or mis-quote) Star Wars references
to one another. Will their Roman Holiday end better than Audrey Hepburn’s? This
is the perfect escape or beach read. I highly recommend this charming book and cannot
wait for whatever Ms. Loy writes next!
Content: I give this book a PG rating. Some examples of the
content and trigger warnings are loss and grief.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book
which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest
opinion.

No comments:
Post a Comment