“Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Saturday, August 15, 2026

A Super Encouraging Bible Study and Commentary! --"Worthy: A Bible Study Commentary Through Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon” by Jane Johnson—Review

 


My Review:

“Worthy: A Bible Study Commentary Through Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon” by Jane Johnson is a super encouraging and helpful resource! I have my BA in Biblical Studies, so I am pretty picky about my commentaries and Bible studies, and this exceeded my expectations! It is the first of its kind that is geared towards women. Ms. Johnson takes us through Paul’s prison letters. In this Bible study commentary, she encourages women to dig into Scripture and find out what it is saying for themselves. I love that she has you read the passage, look at cross references, definitions, and questions that get you digging in the right direction. She supplements that with her Biblical commentary, then makes it personal and talks about how to apply it. I found this format so helpful and similar to the way we were taught to study in Bible college. I appreciate that it is theologically sound and digs into the real meat of each passage. This book deals with some controversial topics (like wives submitting and anxiety) in a terrific way. I love how the author wove the “worthy” theme throughout. I highlighted so much of this book and was encouraged in my faith. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to grow closer to God and dig deeper in the Word. I cannot wait for Ms. Johnson’s next Bible study commentary!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. My review reflects my honest opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment